About Liz McCausland
Liz McCausland was a partner in a mid-sized insurance defense firm when she took a good look at her life and decided she had strayed from all the reasons she became a lawyer. Although she enjoyed trial work, her need to be of service to others was not satisfied with her career path. This realization moved Liz to leave law firm life and start Liz McCausland PA where she concentrates on bankruptcy and mediation. Liz’s niche of bankruptcy mortgage modification mediation has resulted in her mediating over 4,000 mediations in 5 different states using remote and cloud-based technology.
A proud double Gator grad from the University of Florida, Liz has practiced law for over 25 years. She is a Past President of the Orange County Bar Association, serves on the Executive Council of the Florida Bar’s Solo/ Small Firm Section, and has been a speaker at several conferences and podcasts. Liz also travels throughout the US teaching other attorneys and mediators how to successfully obtain and mediate mortgage modifications in bankruptcy.
A self-proclaimed gadget geek, Liz has never met an app she didn’t try.
Associations & Memberships
- Florida Bar, 1997
- United States Bankruptcy Courts, Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
Liz McCausland, PA– Managing Partner, January 2010 – Present
- Supreme Court of Florida Circuit Civil Certified Mediator
- Bankruptcy- Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Debtor Representation
- Instructor with Mortgage Modification Education- topic: Mortgage Modifications in Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Mortgage Modification Mediations
- Conducted over 4000 Mortgage Modifications in Bankruptcy Courts in Florida, Indiana, California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Partner with LawTech Partners, consulting on Legal Technology for Law Firms
Cooney, Mattson, Lance, Blackburn, Richards, & O’Connor P.A., – Civil Litigation Attorney, Partner, May 2005- December 2009, Associate Attorney, August 1997- May 2005
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Orange County Bar Association, Past President, 2017-2018
- Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Past President
- The Orange County Bar Legal Aid Society, Past Executive Council Member
- The Orange County Bar Foundation, Past Treasurer
- The Florida Bar Board of Governors, Solo Small Firm Liason 2023-2024
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division, 2005- 2009, Appointed member 2010-July 2013
- The Florida Bar’s Leadership Academy Committee, 2013-2019
- Florida Bar Solo Small Firm Executive Board Member 2015- Present, past Treasurer
- Florida Bar Foundation Fellow
- Orange County Bar Association Foreclosure Mediation Committee
- Middle District of Florida Mortgage Modification Mediation Committee
- The Florida Bar’s Commission on the Decline of Jury Trials
- The Florida Bar Special Committee on Mentoring
- University of Florida College of Law, Law Center Association, 2018-2023
- Central Florida Association For Women Lawyers, Past Treasurer
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association
- Central Florida Hispanic Association, past member
- Central Florida Gay and Lesbian Legal Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, past member
- Defense Research Institute, past member
- Devereux Foundation Advisory Board, past member
- Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer
- Legal Aid Society Aids Will Project Past member
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce, Past Board of Directors member
- Florida Lawyers Saving Homes Program Volunteer Attorney
- Florida Bar Hurricane Hotline Volunteer Attorney
- Williams Inns of Court
- 9th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, past member
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF LAW, Gainesville, Florida Graduated with Honors August 1997
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES, Gainesville, Florida Graduated with Batchelor of Arts with Honors in Sociology with Minor in Criminal Justice, April 1994
What Our Clients Say
Liz McCausland PA does not advertise. All our clients are referrals from other attorneys or past clients. The greatest honor we can have is to receive a referral from a satisfied client. It is the key to our years of success as a law firm!
Liz is the best!! She helped resolve our debt issues in record time. I don’t usually give reviews online but felt I had to in this instance. Super professional and courteous and would not hesitate to return or recommend.
Liz is polite, professional, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her to anyone considering bankruptcy. Lynn is amazing as well, together these ladies are a dream team.